Computer systems of information security is a new and rapidly developing area of science. It includes cryptographic, mathematical, hardware and software, technical, legal and organizational methods and ways of information security in obtaining, processing, storage and transmission in computer systems and networks. These methods provide information integrity and confidentiality that is important today in almost every sphere of activity. Information security plays especially important role in banking and financial institutions, security services, police and army.
The main activities of graduating students
Students of this specialty create and develop protected information systems for information gathering, processing, storage and transmission. The curriculum includes the study of computer science, programming languages such as Assembler, C++, C#, etc.; students also Students also receive skill of safety of work in such operating systems as Windows and Unix. Besides students study the information theory, the theory of algorithms, electronics and system engineering, telecommunication systems and the networks - the most important subjects to become qualified specialists in the field of information security
Such specialist has to solve the following professional problems:
• modeling and research of the protected automated systems, the analysis of their vulnerabilities and efficiency of means and ways of protection;
• development of effective decisions on ensuring information security of the automated systems;
• collecting and the analysis of basic data for developing systems of information security;
• development the information security politician of the automated systems;
• development of the system of management by information security of the automated systems;
• control of efficiency of applied hardware-software, cryptographic and technical means of information security;
• monitoring the automated systems security;
• organization of work of collective, adoption of administrative decisions, working procedures definition;
• development of offers on increase the efficiency of the taken measures for ensuring information security;
• organization of works on creation, introduction, operation and support of the protected automated systems;
• administration of subsystems of information security of the automated systems;
• monitoring and management of information security of the automated systems.
Admission tests - mathematics, computer science, Russian language.
Education forms: full-time tuition.
Apprenticeship: 5 years for the first education, individual studying plan for the second higher education.
Qualification: information security specialist.
University entrants may try paid education. If all exams are passed successfully and there are free vacancies, it is possible to transfer a student to a free education form according to the administration agreement.